FROM THE PRESIDENT
With the cottage safely stored away our attention has turned to securing its future position and purpose.
December was a busy month for the MBCCG team:
- We met with two of the City of Greater Geelong appointed consultants who were engaged to develop a feasibility report. We presented the MBCCG proposal of relocation to J F Field Park in Marshall and our preferred purpose as ‘The Marshall Town History House’.
- On 8th December the MBCCG hosted an information site at the successful ‘Humans In Geelong Expo’. It was wonderful to have more than fifty new supporters join and also put a face to so many existing supporters…and talk all things Marshall Bluestone Cottage!
- Our expo showbag with Cottage postcard, Cottage cardboard model to make and information flyer proved to be a hit…thanks to team member Aaron Betts for your generous contribution.
- The consultancy team have sought our advice and clarification on some points and this has given us the opportunity to fine tune some details on the purpose and community use of The Marshall Town History House.
- Thank you to those who were able to forward a submission regarding the community and historical value. We know the consultants judge that the submissions are important.
- We believe the Marshall Bluestone Cottage report has now concluded and will shortly be submitted to CoGG for consideration.
Dare I say, we feel cautiously optimistic !
The bluestone cottage has been saved by the wonderful supporter group…now over 860 of you, and I encourage you to stick with the journey and bring the McAteer cottage home to Marshall.
Our first meeting for 2022…all welcome, BYO chair, let us know how you can pitch in.
- Wednesday 2nd February, 6PM
- J F Field Park, also known as Marshall Reserve, adjacent to the tennis court
- Corner of Marshalltown Rd and Barwon Heads Rd, Marshall.